Position Opening – Part-time Research/Admin. Asst.
AMS Planning & Research Corp., a leading international consulting practice serving the arts, culture, and entertainment industries, has an immediate, part-time opening in our Sacramento, California office.
Position Overview: The Research and Administrative Assistant functions as a schedule and task coordinator, research assistant, office assistant, and client liaison, providing administrative assistance to AMS team members across the country. S/he will report to the director of AMS’s west coast office.
Time Commitment: A commitment of 20 to 30 hours per week is required. Due to changing and flexible needs of AMS’s work, it is understood that hours will flex between a minimum of 20 hours per week up to 30. On occasion, hours could exceed 30 in one week. Work schedule is flexible within the parameters of normal business hours (M-F, 8am-6pm).
- Office Management
- Supervision of office equipment, supplies, and information technology infrastructure
- Reception and fielding phone calls
- Filing and organizing documents and reports (hard copy and electronic)
- Compiling data and information in database or spreadsheet formats
- Copying and organizing materials for meetings
- Proof reading reports, memos, presentations, letters, etc.
- Coordinating meeting schedules with clients and AMS team members
- Interfacing with clients, industry professionals, and general inquiries
- Conducting database, internet, and telephone research
- Travel scheduling, booking and logistical support
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as deemed necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications/requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; administrative experience, arts and/or non-profit experience, and background in the arts helpful; excellent organizational, time management and communication skills; and thorough knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook applications. A positive customer service attitude, strong writing, editing and computing skills are essential. Must be clear, friendly, and professional communicator over phone, email, and in person.
Compensation: $15-$18 per hour DOE. Flexible schedule.