In today’s complex cultural marketplace, an accurate and ongoing understanding of your audience, community, donors, and marketplace is essential. Successful programming, effective audience development, sustainable business practices, relevant long-term planning – all rely on a keen understanding of customers and the marketplace.
Since our founding in 1988, AMS Planning & Research has continually invested in the development of research tools, strategies, and methodologies. As a leader in arts-focused market research, we analyze tens of thousands of purchase transactions and administer thousands of surveys, focus groups, and consumer interviews each year, giving us a unique understanding of consumer behavior and marketing effectiveness. We combine this ongoing market intelligence with state-of-the-art research methods to assist our clients in understanding the present and future shape, preferences, and behavior of their audiences and market.
Our audience and market research services include:
- Research strategy, design, and methodology
- Customer file and consumer segmentation analysis through our strategic partnership with the Nielsen Company
- Location intelligence through enhanced mapping and visual displays
- Market definition & demographics
- Audience, prospect and community surveys (telephone, intercept, and online methodologies)
- Focus groups and in-depth interviews
- Action plan recommendations
- Collaborative community-wide research studies
- Customer segmentation studies
- Demand modeling